By Will Deyamport, III, MSEd
Photo Credit: http://www.wwrepcamh.org
For those who don't know me, I am a huge fan of dinner parties. I love everything about them - the food, the community, and the conversation. This blog post is inspired by my ultimate dinner party list, comprised of the people on Twitter I'd most like to meet in person.
The people on the list come from different fields, educational backgrounds, and are at different stages in their lives. Some are major players in their field, while others are a move away. They each represent what I like best in guests: ambition, intelligence, warmth, and a positive outlook on life.
Welcome to my ultimate Twitter dinner party.
1. Dr. Teesha is a highly trained and experienced Sex Therapist, based in Vancouver, BC. Her honesty, insight and academic background have helped to transform the lives of countless men and women who have struggled to overcome their personal issues and achieve the kind of sexual satisfaction they have always dreamed of. Her background is based in the psychological sciences – as she obtained a Bachelors of Science with a Major in Psychology, a Masters of Counselling specializing in Sex Therapy, an Associate in Sex Education and Clinical Sexology certificate, and a Doctorate in Human Sexuality. Dr. Teesha is one of the few Sex Therapists and Clinical Sexologists in Vancouver
2. @opheliaswebb - is Elisa Doucette. She is a freelance writer and editor based out of Portland, ME. Her writing is honest and real as she tackles an array of issues and topics related to relationships, life lessons, activism, young professionals and women. Elisa's work can be found on Brazen Careerist, iGrad, The Middle Finger Project, MaineToday, Portland Press Herald, The Boston Globe, Current Publishing, as well as her blog and the Shattering Glass at Forbes.com and Forbes Women.
3. @DianaAntholis is a Strategy Consultant for Performance Advantage Inc, a training and consulting firm dedicated to making people feel better about work and work smarter in the workplace. With an MA in Organizational Management, she focuses on researching organizational behavior and work/life management issues. Her career experience is in advertising and fashion marketing at top New York City and San Diego agencies. She is also the founder of Enter: Adulthood, a blog dedicated to young adults who are transitioning into the world. Her ebook: The Conquer Your Career. It covers developing yourself, enhancing your image, getting hired, managing your future... Use the code "peoplegogy" and receive $10 off (so the ebook will be $15 instead of $25).
4. @RobinRoffer is a reinvention and personal branding specialist. She is the author of Make A Name For Yourself: 8 Steps Every Woman Needs To Create A Personal Brand Strategy For Success and The Fearless Fish Out Of Water: How To Succeed When You’re The Only One Like You. She’s also CEO, Big Fish Marketing, Inc.
5. @ShellTerrell is a passionate educator and author of The 30 Goals Challenge. Shelly is also the VP of Educator Outreach for Parentella and the Social Media Community Manager for The Consultants-E, and she is the co-organizer and co-creator of the award winning educational projects, The Reform Symposium E-Conference, Edchat and the Virtual Round Table conference. You can find Shelly on her blog, Teacher Reboot Camp.
6. @amydbarnett is Editor-in-Chief of EBONY Magazine, former Editor-in-Chief of Honey Magazine. And she is the author of GET YOURS: How to Have Everything You Ever Wanted and More.
7. @noelrozny is Web Editor & Content Manager at myFootpath, a career and education resource for students of all ages. Noël writes and edits the career and education blog, myPathfinder and is passionate about using these technologies to help students and job seekers find the degree program or career that’s right for them.
For dinner I am thinking of Italian. Who would be on your top 7 Twitter dinner party?